Pride In London
6 July 2019
On Saturday 6th July 2019, employees from BMW Park Lane and BMW Group UK took part for the first time ever in Pride in London Parade. Everyone involved felt honored to have been apart of an event marking 50 years since the Stonewall Uprising.
Sean Holmes, Sales Analysis Manager BMW UK and BMW Group UK PRIDE member said “As a member of the LGBT+ community, it’s been genuinely heart-warming to see my employer demonstrate their support for diversity within our workplace and in the wider automotive industry.”
Approximately 80+ people proudly represented BMW Park Lane and BMW Group UK during the parade, dancing alongside the Pride Jubilee inspired editions of the BMW i8 Roadster and MINI Countryman PHEV.
“Since joining BMW Group in 2015, I have always been able to show my authentic self, and this has allowed employee initiatives like BMW Group UK PRIDE to thrive. Taking part in the 2019 Pride in London parade is exciting for me already but being able to participate as part of BMW Group makes me truly proud,” Holmes said.
BMW Park Lane and BMW Group UK promote an inclusive employee network for LGBT+ people, and those allied to its purpose. Both business drive cultural change, whilst providing support and services to our LGBT+ colleagues, their families and friends.
"BMW Group strives to build a workplace culture of inclusion and one that reflects the diversity of our surrounding communities. We are committed to supporting our LGBT+ employees and customers, and we are so proud to be participating in Pride in London with over 80 colleagues from the UK for the first time in 2019,” Graeme Grieve, CEO BMW UK and BMW Group UK PRIDE sponsor said.
BMW Park Lane and BMW Group UK PRIDE aims to:
- Represent the interests of LGBT+ people at BMW Group UK
- Provide support for LGBT+ colleagues, their families and friends
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are encouraged to be themselves
- Influence the creation and amendment of BMW Group UK’s policies to include same-sex couples and transgender individuals
- Provide networking and social opportunities for our LGBT+ colleagues
- Support the development and implementation of mandatory diversity and inclusivity training for all employees
- Advocate for continued workplace diversity
- Support the wider LGBT+ community