BMW Shortfall Insurance
When you truly love your BMW, you want to protect it in the best way.
That’s why we created BMW Protect, our comprehensive range of insurance products designed to help maintain that sheer driving pleasure, whilst protecting you from damage costs.
Within the suite of BMW Protect products is BMW Shortfall Insurance, created to protect your finances should your vehicle be written off due to an accident, theft or fire. BMW Shortfall Insurance is designed to bridge the gap between the motor insurance settlement and either the amount you paid for your vehicle, or the outstanding amount due under your finance agreement if your vehicle is declared a total loss, whichever is the higher amount.
BMW Shortfall Insurance covers you against losing out in these unsettling situations.
- Cover available for 2, 3 or 4 years
- Additional limited cover (only for your finance agreement) between the end of your BMW Shortfall Insurance policy and up to the end of year 5, where your vehicle is financed for longer than the duration of the policy (Available for 3 and 4 year BMW Shortfall Insurance policies only)
- The insurance could pay up to £500 to cover any excess you have as part of your motor insurance claim
- Pay for your policy upfront or in 12 monthly payments (at no extra cost)
- Cover for accessories listed on the original purchase invoice for the insured vehicle that are present at the date of loss
- You have up to 60 days to purchase your policy after you have collected your BMW. Cover will start after you have purchased the policy
Please note that you have up to 60 days to purchase your policy after you have collected your BMW. Cover will start after you have purchased the policy. You must not accept your motor insurer’s settlement figure until you have contacted our claims department. If you accept your motor insurers write off valuation without our agreement then any BMW Shortfall Insurance claim may be calculated and settled based on our assessment of the market value of the vehicle at the time of write off.